Packing tips for every trip
Packing efficiently is definitely an art, and even seasoned travelers struggle. Here are my favorite packing tricks for any and every trip!
- Packing cubes - if you really want to maximize your suitcase real estate and stay super organized, packing cubes can be a game changer.
- Overcome the shoe dilemma once and for all - pack only the shoes you need for your trip, wear the heaviest/bulkiest pair on the plane, and bag your shoes to protect your clothes from the grime.
- Place heavier items at the bottom of your suitcase - place your shoes and toiletries at the bottom - meaning where the wheels are - so that it is easier to roll your suitcase during travel.
- Always pack a bathing suit - they take up very little room and you never know when you may need one!
- Be strategic with your toiletries, cosmetics, etc. - Most hotels usually have a hairdryer, and most luxury hotels will provide nice shampoo, conditioner, and soaps. Try to pare down your makeup to only what you know you will be using. If you forget anything, most hotels have all of the basics such as toothbrush, razor, etc.
- Avoid overpacking - one option is to plan all your outfits for the trip, but let's be honest...not everyone has the time. A great trick is to pack mostly neutral colored clothes (black, white, beige) that you can mix and match and layer, adding pops of color with scarves and couple jewelry options.